Ph: +91-11 4155 1824, 4155 1825, 4155 0586
A recipient of the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Samman 2017, awarded at the House of Lords, London, included in the A- List Lawyers rankings 2017 by India Business Law Journal (IBLJ) recognising him as one of the top 100 private practice lawyers in India, Dr. Kumar has been named as one of the 100 Legal Luminaries of India, published by LexisNexis in 2016.
Best lawyer in the Corporate M&A, Strategy and Policy & Regulation Practice space in India, Dr. Kumar is known for his innovative, out-of-the box strategies pertaining to most critical and complex matters related to FDI, Cross-Border Transaction, Negotiations, Structuring, Re-structuring and advising on the multitude of international agreements. Lawyers, Policy Expert, Independent Director, Author, Strategist, Columnist, Philanthropist, Thought Leader and Guest Faculty (at top of the line Law School & the prestigious Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Dr. Manoj Kumar has many Introductions.
Dr. Kumar has been representing various leading India and International Corporates, Government Bodies and International Law Firms. An alumnus of prestigious world class institutions such as the Harvard Business School and the National Law School (NLSIU), Bengaluru. Dr. Kumar received his professional and leadership skills from distinguished & globally renowned Professors such as Padma Shri (Dr.) NR Madhava Menon and Prof. Nitin Nohria, presently the Dean of the Harvard Business School.
World’s best Publications and research agencies have awarded Dr. Kumar and his team as the best in India for Policy and Regulation Practice for 3 years in a row (Asia’s leading research handle, IBLJ Award in 2013, 2014 and 2015). Dr. Kumar has also been conferred as highly recommended attorney for International Business by Global Law Experts and Most acclaimed Legal expert in Corporate M&A by Asia Law Leading Lawyers. The Government of India, the World Bank (WB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Observer’s Research Foundation (ORF) and the Institute for Competitiveness have leaned on Dr. Kumar for his thought leadership.
Dr. Kumar has been Involved in the drafting of several regulatory and policy documents as well as legislation notably, Media Regulation, Fast Track Commercial Courts, Land Acquisition Bill, India as a hub of International Arbitration, Opening-up of the legal services Sector in India. Apart From Spearheading the support by legal fraternity in India to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UNMDGs) and then the implementation of UN’S Sustainable Goals in India, Dr. Kumar has also been mentoring ‘ Doctor For You’ as its Patron to provide critical medical care during disaster management and natural calamities & to prevent Neo-natal deaths in rural & tribal areas.
Dr. Kumar regularly speaks at the Annual Conferences of the International Bar Association (IBA) held in various destinations like Hong Kong, Tokyo to name a few. He is a member of the panel in IBA's Pro Bono Committee.
- International Conference on Law, Regulations and Public Policy 2014 organised by the Global Science & Technology Forum
- International Conference on Law and Policy
- Emerging Trends in Corporate Law 2016
- The Managing Partners' Congress
- Law Teacher's Day Awards and Symposium
- Corporate Counsel Summit
- First Management Event for the Legal Industry
- Open house on Liberalization of Indian Legal Sector
He has also been invited by Legal and Business Media for his expert opinion pertaining to various legal and business issues.
Antitrust and Competition
Consumer Right and Product
Environment & Pollution Control
FDI & RBI Advisory
General Corporate Advisory
Hospitality & Leisure Practice
Intellectual Property Support
International Trade & Anti Dumping
Mergers and Acquisitions
Membership & Accreditation
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of India,
- International Indian Bar Association
- Society of Indian Law Firms
- Observer's Research Foundation (ORF)
- Porter Prize
- Delhi Bar Association,
- Delhi High Court Bar Association,
- Thinkers 50
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- India Unites Foundation
- Doctors for You
Dr.Kumar has also been extensively associated with the following organisations:
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on an ongoing basis and has been nominated as:
- Member of National Committee for Legal Affairs
- Member of National Committee on Industrial Policy
- Chairman of National Sub Committee on Corporate Governance
- Member of National Sub Committee to review legal issues concerning various Indian Industry/sectors
- Member of the Corporate Affairs Committee of PHD Chamber of Commerce
- Head- CII National Group on Fast Track Commercial Courts Bill
- Key Member of Finance, Government of India
- Convenor of the International Legal Advisory Network (ILAN)
- US China Law Review, 2015 has published Manoj's article titled 'The 2015 Mines & Mineral Law in Indiaa step towards making 'Make in India' globally competitive.
- Manoj regularly contributes articles in American Bar Associations' Year in Review (YIR) publications
- Law, Regulations and Public Policy(LRPP) has published Manoj's paper related to Corporate Governance, Self-Regulation and Oversight in the Media Space in India: Is Status Quo the Way Forward?
- He has regularly contributed articles on diverse topics ranging from IPR, Land Law, Criminal Law, General Corporate, Cyber Governance, impact of Liberalisation movement on the legal fraternity etc. published in Governance Now
- Liberalisation of legal services in India
- Sustainability users benefit should be key drivers net neutrality
- Cyber governance linked cyber advocacy
- New seas black money law a primer
- Predictability Transparency Governance Narendra Modi Barack Obama
- Curtains planning commission challenges remain
- Legacy Justice vr Krishna Iyer
- Sebi pushes reforms sider trading delisting shares
- New rules land acquisition law primer
Manoj Chairs the Professional Social Responsibility (PSR) division of the Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) and has contributed articles to SILF's publication