Pro-Bono is an important part of our Firm culture and history. We believe in giving back to the community and encourage our lawyers to make sustained efforts.
The Firm through its association with Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF – a representative body of Indian Law Firms) and Advocates for International Development (A4ID – a global organisation providing legal support to the development organisations), supports social and economic developments projects designed to strengthen the legal system and human rights. The Firm heads the initiative on behalf of Indian Lawyers to ensure progress towards achievement of UN Millennium Development Goals (i.e. eradication of poverty, universal primary education, gender equality and women empowerment, reduce child mortality, improve maternal health, and ensure environmental sustainability among others).
The Firm is closely working with Observer’s Research Foundation (ORF) and Institute for Competitiveness as their think tank in the Public Policy space.
In this endeavour, the Firm has been involved in:
- Drafting of Media Regulation Bill along with ORF (Under discussion in Parliament).
- Drafting of Commercial Division of High Courts Bill jointly with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) for setting up fast track commercial courts. The bill is under discussion.
- Drafting of Intelligence Agencies Regulation Bill jointly with ORF. The bill is under discussion.
Excellence & Strategy
Initiatives The Firm is actively involved in the some of the excellence and strategy driven initiatives including the following:
- Porter Prize – Joint initiative by Institute of Competitiveness and Harvard Business School to honour best companies with respect to value creation, innovation, and strategy.
- Thinkers 50 – Joint initiative by Institute of Competitiveness and Thinker’s 50 Global to identify and honour the top 50 business minds in India from different sectors.
- PSU Champions Awards – Joint initiative by Governance Now and Institute of Competitiveness to honour the performing PSUs in different categories including Strategic performance and turnaround.