The firm have immense expertise in Litigation practice particularly relating to commercial aspects. The firm has provided Litigation support to its clients in various jurisdictions such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Patna, Ranchi, Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram etc. It also provides legal support to its clients in various international jurisdictions particularly New York, London, Beijing etc. The firm have represented a number of Indian and Foreign private companies in civil litigation. H&S also represents clients in the Supreme Court to the High Courts, National Consumer Disputes Forum, State Consumer Disputes Forum, District Courts, Company Law Board and various other tribunals.
The firm caters to the needs of the clients in all areas of civil litigation. H&S is adept at assisting clients in matters pertaining to Corporate Laws, Suits for Recovery and Injunctions, Writ Petitions, Consumer Protection matters, Property matters, Contract matters, Public Interest Litigation, Service Matters and Employees Provident Fund matters.
H&S provides the clients a complete handholding in terms of:
- Preparing a Pre-litigation strategy:
- Appearances on behalf of clients in civil and commercial arbitration, conciliation, mediation and litigation;
- Advising on issues with respect to the enforcement of arbitral awards;
- Advising on the provisions of the Companies Act, Indian Contract Act, 1872, Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, Intellectual Property Laws and Principles of Private International Law;
Some particular areas relating to Litigation in which the Firm possesses special expertise is as follows:
- Original-side & Appellate Litigation: Original side litigation expertise of the firm varies from suit for recoveries, specific performance of contracts, declarations & injunctions, cancellation and delivery up of documents, partition suits and family settlement litigation and appeals arising from the above suits before the various Hon’ble High Courts, Supreme Court and other forums including Company Law Board, MRTP, DRT etc.
- General Corporate Litigation: The expertise of the firm in General Corporate Litigation extends to matters relating to breach of contracts and resultant damages, injunctions and interim reliefs including bank guarantees, specific performance of contracts, agent principal liabilities, winding-up, suits relating to partnership firms, bank litigation, insurance litigation etc.
- Tendering Litigation: Litigation pertaining to tenders relating to supplies to various departments and PSU's of the Government of India, state Governments and various municipal and development authorities. Industrial- business tenders relating to licensing of services, lotteries, development of infrastructure etc., both from the bidder/tenderer side as well as from the tenderee side.
- Corporate & Promoter/Director's Guarantees including Counter-Guarantees: The partners of the firm have a niche expertise in handling litigation matters relating to guarantees furnished to lenders including banks and also performance guarantees under commercial transactions.
- Criminal Litigation: The members of the firm have represented clients in criminal litigation in various courts and forums. The firm provides services in matters relating to General Criminal laws namely Bails, Trials, Evidence, Suspension of Sentence, Appeals, Revisions, Quashing of FIR and criminal writs etc. The firm has also undertaken criminal litigation pertaining to Bank/Financial Institutions, initiated Criminal Violation of Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Laws, Piracy, Imitation, Dishonour of Cheques, Criminal Breach of Trust, FEMA violation, Narcotics and Drugs violations, Custom & Excise Laws.
We have had a fairly long relationship with the Firm and we have been delighted that the firm and its associates have exceeded our expectations with regard to timely quality deliverables. The Partners as well as the team are easily accessible and committed to our issues in the area of Litigation and is emerging law firm to watch for in years to come for more excellence in professional service. The Firm has executed major matters with great professionalism, with minimum turnaround time and in the most cost effective fashion.