H&S has a team of experts for handling matters related to anti-dumping or anti-subsidy, foreign investment, taxation, cross border disputes and transactions. H&S is an ideal partner to deal with trade disputes, bilateral agreements and compliances with the customs wing of the Government.
The Managing Partner has been appointed as the Chair-Elect, Indian National Bar Association (INBA) – International Affairs, Trade & Policy Committee to share his experiences and provide guidance to the member lawyers.
H&S offers legal advice and prepares seamless legal documentation for clients in the area of International Trade and Customs laws. In this area, the services include, but are not restricted to:
- Advising clients on compliance with Export & Import Laws and procedures as applicable in India this also includes assistance in obtaining statutory approval etc like Import Export Code (IEC) etc.
- Drafting various contracts like joint venture agreements, foreign collaborations etc
Assisting clients in obtaining statutory permissions and sanctions from various regulatory and government bodies, departments and agencies i.e., Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), Reserve Bank of India (RBI), DGCA, Secretariat Industrial Assistance (SIA), MoI, CLB, DoE and MoF.
- Acquainting clients with the Anti-dumping laws and various notifications issued by the government from time to time.
- Counseling on Anti-circumvention laws and on combating smuggling and other illegal tax evasion strategies adopted by foreign exporters/manufacturers.
- Apprising clients on various complex issues related to custom law, this includes opinion on valuation of goods for purposes of ascertaining custom duty etc.